ENGINE MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS

1999 Citroen Saxo

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Citroen Saxo 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 68,000 miles

My coolant light came on so I pulled over did the usual checks, topped up the water and then the fan came on and stayed on for ages after I switched engine off and as soon as I started it up it would come on again, I started to just unplug the fan in the cooler months and suffer the noise in summer. Then I happened to take it for another repair and the mechanic kindly stuck it on the diagnostic machine which didnt show any fault, so he cleared the warning light and reset the management system to stop the fan from running, fantastic! That was autumn 2009. 2010 and my car freezes up and the battery goes flat, what happens but the coolant light is back on and the fan has started again, so I've unplugged it for now? I have been told sooooo many differing stories of what it could & can & should be, but I just cant afford speculation, so I have now decided that its just a confused over sensitive management system and maybe when the battery runs low it sends an error message? Does this help anyone else out there? Until I can take it to a garage with a diagnostic machine that wont rip me off! Unfortunately the citroen dealer I first went to have closed down.
Today 20 Feb 2010 my horn and wipers have stopped working I am assuming thats just gonna be a fuse?
Kate walsh

Check/repalce fuses. You need to have the vehicle plugged into a diagnostic computer to check for faults. It could just be a sensor needs replacing

Dave H