HELP WITH LOTS PLEASE

2003 Citroen C3

Noises problem
2003 Citroen C3 Two Wheel Drive Manual 64350 miles

We recently brought a C3, 53 reg, and when you turn the engine on you can hear a clicking nose, it is on for about 30 seconds or so, then it stops. It doesn't happen all the time when you turn the engine on, but some times when it does it stops then does it again a minute or to later but only for a short time. Any ideas would be of help please.

Also, I was driving it along tonight and the little engine light has come on, on the dash. I have checked the manual and it makes out that it is a major thing and need to get it sort ASAP. I am best to get it sort urgently?
A friend who works at a garage did say it is flat when driving, until you get to 3thousand revs, is that normal or could it be part of the problem above?

I hope you can give me a little bit of help with this as I don't want to go to the garage and have the wool pulled over my eyes so that I have to pay out for things that don't need doing.
I look forward to your reply.

The Kennersons
C3POkennerson

Start by havung the vehicle plugged into a diagnostic computer to retrieve the fault codes. Repost with full codes for more assistance

Dave H