TRANSMISSION TROUBLE CODE P0

2001 Chrysler Town and Country

2001 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

The transmission had stopped working competely after making a loud bang while driving about 60mph, the engine had slight loss of power but continued to shift and drive until I arrived in a parking lot about 15 miles beyond the " bang" then it just completely " disengaged" and wouldn't got into any gear but would lock in " P"

Had it towed home. Had a friend with same problem w/a 2000 model and it was shift sollenoid. Since the symptoms were the same and we had no scanner for trouble codes, we ordered a new shift solenoid, husband put it in and still same problem. Someone suggested pulling the ATX Relay, husband pulled the relay and vehicle is in " limp mode" now with 2nd gear only.

Also, we now get error code P0700 with the key on/off diagnostic test. Question now is this, is it the TCM, 1 or 2 speed sensors, or do we just need a new relay? Any suggestions? Please! I am stuck at home w/2 kids until we figure this out and going nuts! We really can't afford a dealer repair and my hubby can fix da** near EVERYTHING but we need to know the most likely suspect if possible with the info I provided because we already spent $150 that didn't fix the probem so we can't afford to just keep replacing stuff that doesn't need replacing.

PLEASE HELP!
Mom2tynZac