HEATER/ A/C BLOWER PROBLEM.

2001 Chrysler Town and Country

2001 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Automatic 89,990 miles

On a recent trip my van began to overheat. I found the metal pipes to the rear heater core had rotted through. My only choice was to buy some hose and bypass the pipes going to the rear. Although I can still control the temp, the blower now blows wide open in all situations. When I select off the blower seems to go even faster. This is automatic temp control and everything seems to work properly except this blower. Because this happened exactly when I bypassed the rear heater core, I am wondering if there is a sensor somewhere that has defaulted and makes the blower run wide open. Any suggestion you could make would be appreciated.
Jmarkxx1

You can try a self-diagnostic test. To activate self diagnostic program: With the ignition switch in the OFF position, depress the TRIP and RESET buttons.
While holding the TRIP and RESET button turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
Continue to hold the TRIP and RESET buttons until the word CODE appears in the odometer windows (about five seconds ) then release the buttons. If a problem exists, the system will display Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's). If no problem exists, the code 999 (End Test) will momentarily appear.
Or recalibrate the a/c system, this is how: PROGRAMMING HEATER-A/C CONTROL CALIBRATION The heater-A/C control module must be recalibrated each time an actuator motor or the control module is replaced. If the vehicle is so equipped, the calibration procedure also includes rear HVAC positions for each actuator motor. 1. Turn the ignition switch to the On position. Simultaneously depress and hold the Power and Recirculation buttons on the heater-A/C control for at least five seconds. 2. The manual heater-A/C control power Light Emitting Diode (LED) and Recirculation LED, or the Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) heater-A/C control Delay and Recirculation graphics will begin to flash when the calibration procedure has begun. 3. The calibration procedure should take less than two minutes to complete for the manual heater- A/C control, and less than twenty seconds for the ATC heater-A/C control. When the LEDs or graphics stop flashing, the calibration procedure is complete. 4. If the LEDs or graphics continue to flash beyond the normal three minute (manual) or twenty second (ATC) calibration time, it indicates that the heater-A/C control has detected a failure and a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) has been set. 5. Use a DRBIII ® scan tool to perform further diagnosis. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information. The LEDs or graphics will continue to flash even after the ignition switch is cycled Off and On, until a successful calibration is completed or until the vehicle has been driven about 8 miles.

Merlin2021