WON'T START TRYING TO FIND N

1996 Chrysler Town and Country

1996 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

I own a 1996 Chrysler Town and Country van 3.8 engine 125,000 miles. I started it the other day it died and wouldn't start again. I have replaced the starter, ignintion switch, checked the relays and it still won't start. It was mentioned that I need to check the neutral safety switch. I located what I think to be that ; however it looks like I am going to have to drop the transmission pan to get at it. Is that right? What else could it be that wouldn't be allowing it to start. It will turn over with a remote starter. Any suggestions?
Alwalleser

So it cranks with the remote starter,
thats should tell u that the N/S switch is OK

does it start?

Check alarm wiring and ignition switch

BMRFIXIT
I will turn over using the remote start. We have replaced the ignition starter, ignition tumblers, starter, Neutral safety switch, battery, ignition relay, now they are telling me that I need to replace the PCD. You mentioned the alarm wiring. Where and how?

Alwalleser
They cut the wires to install the remote starter in most cases the connection they made will become loose
check the wiring under the steering column and check the ignition switch
too

check fuses too
again does it start and run
when u use the remote starter
if it does then its not the BCM

BMRFIXIT
Trace the power
check it from the ignition switch on

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_townand_country_1.jpg

BMRFIXIT