ENGINE LIGHT

1996 Chrysler Town and Country

1996 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

The check engine light flashed on and off.
My husband brought the van to a repair shop. They did a diagnotic check that showed that the control module connector needed to be replace. They did that plus did a tune up and oil change. This time the light remained on. Did another diagnotic check and they said the body control module now need to be replace. He didn't get that done. It cost us over $500 for the work that was done. They wanted an addition $500 to do the rest. This doesn't sound right. Please help.
Awaiting

Hi: A tune up, oil change, and a connector. You say they charged $500.00? The tune-up can be difficult on the van but that does seem high. From what I can tell, 500 is about average for the BCM and labor.

I hope this helps.

We brought the van to another repair shop and was told the part the other shop said that we needed was the wrong one. To make matters worse the van was needing a lot more work. The repair shop recommded getting rid of the van. We did.

Awaiting
Hi: Well at least the problem is solved. GOod luck with the new one.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the future.