WHINE NOISE

2004 Chrysler Sebring

Noises problem
2004 Chrysler Sebring 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 73,000 miles

When traveling at 70-75 mph I get a fairly loud high-pitched ringing or whine noise in the cabin. It is a little louder when I step on the gas and loudest when decelerating from 75 to 70 mph. I can also hear it at 35 mph and very faintly at all other speeds. If while driving I shift from drive to neutral the noise is reduced but still there. Both front wheel bearings have been replaced. The sound is still heard when the radio is off. My mechanic replaced the belt tensioner pulley (which was making a hard bearing noise) and the serpentine and power steering belts. We also went for a ride with both belts off and the sound was still there, so that would rule out the alternator and power steering pump. All fluids including the transmission fluid are at the proper level. I went to a Chrysler dealer and the tech went for a ride with me. He could hear the noise but had no clue as to its origin. The car is a convertible if that makes any difference. Please help as this is starting to drive me nuts! Thanks.
TonyC200