CAR IS OVERHEATING, LEAKING COOLANT

2001 Chrysler Sebring

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Chrysler Sebring 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 124000 miles

i've had my car a couple of years and 1 year ago had to have the transmission rebuilt (needless to say, quite an expense) no other big problems but about a month or so ago I noticed that whenever I would idle for a few minutes (i.E at a stoplight, in a fast food drive-thru, etc) a small plume of white smoke would emit from the exhaust. I noticed it but it didnt cause me too much concern at the time. RECENTLY my car has been overheating quite a bit (i usually remedy it by just adding more coolant) and now since its getting cold i've had to use my heater in the mornings. 3 days ago, I noticed that, after I heat my car, park it, there's a puddle of green liquid (coolant) leaking from the car. This has caused me great concern. I'm female and I want to have some idea about whats going on before I visit a mechanic. Please assist! Thanks!
ECOUTTADAQC

Hello -

Sorry to hear about your problem. In the first thing you stated about the white smoke from the exhaust, this indicates a blown head gasket. Eventually the car will not run if the cylinders fill with anti freeze. I can explain more on this and why if you would like. Just let me know. This will cost you about $1500-$2000. But would like to go over a couple of things with you on that.

When you say the anti freeze (green fluid) is leaking - where exactly is it leaking from or on the ground that you see it?

Is your car a convertible, coupe or sedan?

Make a small donation! (We will make sure your question will be answered promptly and it will help us be able to continue to help others - Thanks)
Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS