BRAKES

2000 Chrysler Sebring

Brakes problem
2000 Chrysler Sebring 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 82,000 miles

My brakes make a " grinding" sound and I feel resistance from the brake pedel when the veh. Is about to come to a complete stop.I took the car to the dealer and was told to replace pads, rotors. No problems fro 2 days and on day 3 it rained and the veh. Was right back to the problem. In add. To the brake job the dealer charged me for brake inspection. Was told every thing is in proper working order i.E master cylinder, lines ect.I took the veh. Back to dealer and had computer check for falut codes i. E. Transmission. No problems, so my question is shoul I replace the calipers?
Abyssdiver

The calipers won't likley go bad in 3 days. Either it was mis-diagnosed or it was not repaired professionally from the way it sounds. If there was a problem with the caliper, it should have been appearant when the job was done. First thing is to find out what is happening. Are the pads wore down to the metal? I can't see that happening in a couple days. It needs to be looked at and diagnosed.

I suggest calling the service manager and explaining the problem. Ask him to kindly re-check their work at no cost. Once the problem is found then it can be remedied. IF they recommend calipers, have them explain how they missed it. You should get refunded for the brake inspection if so. Furthermore you should get charged no more than a half hour for additional labor as they had them apart.

Need to know what is happening first. Maybe the dealer isn't your best bet.

I AGREE, THE PADS WERE CHANGED 1 WK. PRIOR TO GOING TO THE DEALER BY A LOCAL BRAKE & MUFFLER SHOP. WHEN I HAD THE FACE TO FACE DISCUSSION W/THE SHOP MNGR. HE WAS AT A LOSS AS TO WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. HE WAS THE ONE THAT STATED THE PROCESS OF ELIMINATION. IVE GOT NEW ROTORS, PADS, . ITS A SITUATION WHERE, ILL HAVE BRAKE WORK DONE, AND EVERYTHING IS FINE FOR 2-3 DAYS, BUT THEN THE PROBLEM STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN. THE ONLY REASON I WENT TO THE DEALER IS BECAUSE I TRIED A LOCAL SHOP 1ST. THE DEALER FAILED ME AND NOW IM CONFIDING IN 2 CAR PROS?

Abyssdiver
What brand of pads and rotors?

Was it the front brakes that were done?

Are rears drum brakes? IF so were the cleaned and adjusted?

Would you say the brake pedal pulsates?

This isn't the anti-lock brakes engaging correct?