CAM SHAFT OIL LEAK REPAIR COST

1997 Chrysler Sebring

1997 Chrysler Sebring 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 88,000 miles

I was just told that it would cost 900 dollars to repair a leak that is said to be coming from the cam shaft. Of course, he mention replacing the belts and water pump etc. Is this an accurate cost from the dealer or should I go outside of the chrysler dealer for a better deal?
Felderwt

Most of the time you will get better pricing for labor and parts from a local shop than that of the dealership. One question remains though, how well do the service technicians at these local shops know your car as the technicians at the dealership do?

To get to the camshaft leak, you do need to tear apart the front of the engine (passenger side). You need to remove the timing belt to perform the job. With your car's age and mileage, I do recommend replacing the timing belt and water pump as well. The job calls for 5 hours (but believe me, it is painful 5 hours).

Zackman