TIMING BELT FOR

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 114000 miles

My timing belt is about to go and I am buying the parts, and getting a mechanic to install them. Im scared to death that the Timing belt isnt the correct one needed and that the Tensioner is the right one.

I talked to a mechanic who said the timing belt and Tensioner need to be the newer ones because they dont make the 2002 parts any more and thus the timing cover needs upgrading.

I found and bought the Timing Belt Component Kit from RockAuto. Com and am confident the the Water Pump and Idler are the right parts (from Gates), not too sure about the Belt and Tensioner.

I found uscarpartsdirect have original parts and reccomends the Goodyear Belt 265 as the original belt?

Any Ideas?
Pickupino

They still make parts for 2002. The manufacturer is required to make them available for at least 10 years. After that, aftermarket companies pick up on them. Regardless, I know you can get whatever you need for the vehicle.

LEt me know if you have other questions.