ELECTRIC LIFT GATE MALFUNCTION

Chrysler Other

I have a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country. Starting to have significant number of electrical problems. The rear lift gate was working inconsistently - visited the dealer who said (without looking at it) that it needs a new latch. That seemed odd to me - so I opened up the access to the gate and found that the connector for the latch was damaged - I did my best repair and it worked for a short time. Now it has failed again and I've removed the connector and mated the wires - still broken. The latch releases, but the door wont lift. Is there some kind of electronic logic in the latch assembly? Why suspect the latch - and not the lifting motor?

As a side note - now the drivers side rear sliding door is begining to operate inconsistently as well.
OrlandoNewton