COOLANT LEAK

Chrysler Other

I recently took my vehicle in to a well known auto repair shop because it was running hot while idleing. The business informed me I needed a new thermostat and a coolant system flush. So I had them do the repairs. As soon as I brought the vehicle home I noticed it was leaking coolant. It had never leaked coolant before. I called the busniness and they told me to just drive it around for a few days to make sure it was coolant spilled on the engine burning off. I waited a week. Took the vehicle back, they checked it and they say now I have a leak in one of the freeze plugs that in the engine. They dont do engine repair work. I mentioned to them that the vehicle was not leaking coolant prior to them working on it. I was told that after a thermostat is changed it can cause a weak spot in the engine to start leaking. Is this all true, or is it leaking now because of something they did?
TNTolbert

Freeze plugs are thin and do wear out, the running hot did not help them

M_H_RITZEL