AIR CONDITIONING DRYER UNIT

Chrysler Other

I was told I need a new condenser for my ac, but 1 mechanic says I have to replace the dryer unit also. But another mechanic says they never replace the dryer unit unless they replace the compressor ( for warranty reasons) he says its reccommended to replace the dryer unit every 3 years but nobody does, its a waste of money. I trying to figure out what to do and not waste money. Any ideas?
Kenenoon

The dryer does exactly what the name implies, it removes moisture from the refrigerant. It also holds refrigerant oil. R0134A inhibits moisture. It is worse than R-12 freon

My rule is to replace the dryer anythime the system is opened to atmosphere. Moisture causes internal A/C issues especially the compressor and reduces cooling efficiency.

There is no rul that I know of after 40 + years as a garage owner to replace the dryer every 3 years except as a sales gimic.

Losone