'94 LEBARON SERPENTINE BELT

1994 Chrysler Other

I have replaced the serpentine belt easily enough after figuring out how to untension the tensioner. My question is that the new belt walks off the pulley wheels but only by one groove and then stays there. I didn't look before the old belt fell off, so I wonder if this is normal or at least not unknown. How can I adjust the alignment of the pulleys so that this doesn't happen?
Jackmnemonic

Always state what type of engine you have. If you did not replace the tentioner or idler, you may have the belt off just one groove on the altenator. Any of the flat side pullies could be moving left to right if the bearings are worn.

Vandragon
I didn't replace anything except the belt. After three tries to get the belt fully on all the pulleys the belt is apparently perfectly happy to just ride with one edge over the flange on one pulley. The car runs fine, and it appears to be holding.

Jackmnemonic