6 CYLINDER

1991 Chrysler New Yorker

She drove about 15 miles, left her car there and went somewhere with her sister for dinner. When they got back the car wouldn't start. Her brother-in-law went to start it and it started for him. She came over to my place, stayed about an hour and the car wouldn't start again. It sounds like it wants to crank up, but it won't. Now the battery sounds a little drained so we stopped to let it sit for a while. It has a history of dying out for no apparent reason. Any ideas? The battery is fine.
kathirteen
Kathirteen

You say the car cranks but won't start at time. Would start with the easiest, how are the spark plugs and wires? Has the car had a tune up lately? Would check the fuel pressure and fuel filter.

M_H_RITZEL
Thanks for replying! I have to go pick her up to try and start it today. I'll tell her to check those things. It will probably start today - I'll post later if it does.
Thanks again,
kathirteen

Kathirteen
Well. We haven't been able to have anyone look at the car yet and it still won't start. We can't afford to have it towed, so we have to trouble-shoot on our own. It's not cranking unless she puts it in neutral, but it won't crank all the way.

Kathirteen
We finally got it towed and it did turn out to be the fuel pump.

Kathirteen