CHRYSLER NEW YORKER AIR FILTER PROBLEM

1995 Chrysler New Yorker

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1995 Chrysler New Yorker 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 134000 miles

I have a 1995 chyrlser new yorker and I just got the brake lines, fuel filter, transmission line, oil gasket, harmonic balancer pulley and belts replaced. I also just did a tune up. The problem is that when I am driving the car it jerks. This happens about once a week out of the blue. When it jerks the light jumps from Drive to L. The gas and speed gauges go down to zero and they stay that way for about ten to 30 seconds and then it jerks again and goes back to normal. The shop I took it to said that they fixed that problem when they changed the air filter but it keeps happening. I would like to know what the problem is. The shop said that the engine and transmission are fine.
Babygirlrico69

The air filter had nothing to do with the problem. Has the check engine light come on? This sounds like a sensor (maybe a speed sensor). Take the car to a nationally recognized parts store and have them scan the computer for codes. Most places don't charge so there is no money out of pocket.

Let me know what you find.