OVERHEATING

1994 Chrysler New Yorker

Engine Cooling problem
1994 Chrysler New Yorker 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

my car is continuing to overheat I have flushed the radiator and I have changed the thermostat and now I dont know where else to go I am very confused
Missa4816

Hi there,
Did you get the radiator cleaned & flow tested? Often a radiator can be partially blocked and you will have flow, if you just use a garden hose, also check that the fans are turning on when the temp comes up, start here.

Mhpautos
I have done that I have also replaced the thermastat I was wondering if the radiator could be bad?

Missa4816
Hi there,

If it was flow tested and passed ok by a radiator specialist it will be ok, check the cap is holding correct pressure, no external leaks, fans are turning on thermostat is ok (boil it up in a pot on your stove and make sure it opens) remove heater hose and check that you have flow to prove water pump is ok, ( do this cold) try this next.

Mhpautos