PCM PROBLEM

2000 Chrysler LHS

Computer problem
2000 Chrysler LHS 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a CanOBD2 diagnostic tool and it picked up code number P0601, (PCM Random Access Memory Failure, Self-Test Failed) My question is. How would I fix this? Should this be fixed asap, and where could I get a PCM replacement and where is it located?
Dragon48089

Unfortunatly the only fix for this code is to replace the PCM. This trouble code indicates an internal error inside of the computer (PCM). You can try having the PCM reflashed at a dealer but it may not work. This is a common failure for your vehicle.

A PCM failure usually is caused by two things. One is a voltage overload. This is often caused by a shorted solenoid or actuator circuit. The only way to accuratly test for failures of this kind is to have your vehicle scanned at a dealer. A regular OBD2 scanner does not have this capibility. The second way a PCM often fails is related to corrosion and other enviornmental factory of this sort. Water is a big issue. A failed PCM gasket will allow corrosion and water inside the PCM. Also, cleaning your engine with a pressure washer is a big NO NO.
Have your vehicle scanned to find the error first and then replace the PCM (Power Control Module).

Pear69