POWER PROBLEM

1999 Chrysler LHS

Air Conditioning problem
1999 Chrysler LHS 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

long story short, my entire engine was replaced right before I bought this car used, the a/c has not worked since, the condeser, compresser are both new, and has been leak checked with the special dye, no leaks, my brother in law semi pinpointed the problem by observing the engine and listening to the clicks that indicate the a/c is working, I cant remember which but he said either the condenser or compressor is not getting power, where do I look to check and what am I looking for? A simple wire that may have melted or was not plugged in when replacing the engine? Please help on a strict budget cannot affoard a large bill to fix it but need to fix the a/c asap 100+ degrees with an infant need a/c thank you!
Aluin17