CODE CLARIFICATION

1999 Chrysler LHS

1999 Chrysler LHS 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

The past few weeks my POS car has really been acting up. While I am driving 50 mph it will start puttering like its about to die. Sometimes it will die right after I start it and a couple times it hasn't started at all. The entire car rocks when it is puttering. It makes knocking noises and a stranger noise when I press the gas. I pulled the codes and got P0201 - injector 1 control circuit and P0301 - cylinder 1 misfire. What does this mean? What will I need to fix and how much will it cost? Any help is really appreciated.
Lilcarlyc

Your #1 injector is faulty. Because your computer is throwing a code, there's something wrong with the injectors internals. (The solenoid is shorted)

If the injector was just dirty or the metering valve/needle was broken, the computer wouldn't see this. Though the engine would have a " Lean misfire" and the computer would definitely see that.

But since the computer can see a problem with the injector, it has to be electrical, and that usually means an internal problem. But it can also be at the connector/wiring. (Check for corrosion, a brake in the wires, or looseness before blaming the injector)

If I've helped you, please take the time to vote for me, as my reputation pays my bills. Thanx, Ernest.

Ernest Clark