CHRYSLER CONCORDE CARPET PROBLEM

2001 Chrysler Concorde

I just bought this Concorde. The carpet in the trunk and the driver's area is wet. I have dried the areas out but the carpet continues to be wet. The moisture seems to be water. This happens in all types of weather. What and where could moisture be leaking into the frame between the floor boards and the carpet?

I have not been able to locate any holes that would allow moisture in. Besides this is more than a little moisture. It seems like something is draining water into the area between the frame and the carpet.

Any help would be appreciated.
Fstitely

I did a little research and it's not good news. Click on the link below to read in full. It appears Chrysler had problems with leaks like yours on many different vehicles. It also appears Chrysler bought some of these vehicles back from dissatisfied customers and then resold them. I'm not saying that's what happened to you but I would definately research your vehicle history and pursue this. Also, do a google search on your problem and you should find more information. I'm not badmouthing all Chryslers. My wife had a '93 Concorde and my son is still driving it and I think it's been a great car, 180,000 miles and running strong. But some cars they made at certain plants have these leak/water problems.

Rudpro