CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2007 Chrysler Aspen V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 34,000 miles

Would water in the gas cause the EGR Code PO404 show up due to irregular combustion from the water in the gas. It has a slight hesitation when it takes off, have added dry gas and gas treatment, and seems to be geeting better. What's your opinion?

Nick
Nickjoe

Possibly, you are pretty sharp to think of that. It's that or the water is causing your combustion to have less power, and the EGR is not coming on in the correct way, it is monitered for how far it moves when it opens now. I hope it's just the water. I had a quart to get rid of and it took a month even after I took almost all of it out with the fuel pump. The fuel floats on it sometimes you can release the system's pressure, hook a hose up to the schrader valve or the return line, run it and it comes out first because the fuel pump screen is at the very bottom. Good luck, Iused around 10 cans of dry gas and let my wife drive it around to clear it up. My ex-wife I mean.

Ch112063