CANT GET ALTERNANTOR OFF

1993 Chrysler 5th Avenue

1993 Chrysler 5th Avenue 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

My 93 fifth ave has a bad alternator. I bought a new one. I can not get the old one off. The power steering fluid resevoir is in the way and I can not get that off. Also from front of car looking at alt, the small bolt wont comeoff. When I looked up the repair manual online it said this smaller bolt should come off too, but that hasnt worked yet. Any help would be great. I am so frustrated that if it did run to get it to a cliff, I would push it off.
Lotsakisers

I see it's been a week since you posted this question. Did you get it handled? I just looked at my '93 Dynasty and I'm not sure what the problem is. Do you have the 3.3L engine? My alternator comes off with two bolts, and the power steering reservoir is not in the way.

The Nippendenso alternator is extremely reliable, but if you diagnosed it as defective, the most likely cause is worn brushes. The brush assembly can be replaced without removing the alternator from the engine. The first one is a little tricky, but the second one is easy.

Holler back if you're having problems yet.