WON'T GO INTO GEAR

2006 Chrysler 300

2006 Chrysler 300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

I can start my crysler 300 but it won't shift into gear.
Rockoandjody

Check transmission fluid for proper level while hot and idling in park. Will the car roll in neutral?

Airsoftsoldrecn9
I can't even move the shift lever out of park, but the engine does start

Rockoandjody
If you can remove the shifter lever underneath car and actuate the transmission by hand then there might be a problem in the column. If you can not move it then the transmission has locked up past the torque converter. How did it run before you had this problem?

Airsoftsoldrecn9
I just had the same problem today, I took my car to the dealership and they told me I need a new transmission because an internal pump went bad. They informed me that it had been running low on transmission fluid but only the dealership can check the transmission fluid. My car had been to the dealership 5 times since July and it is evident that they never checked. The transmission modular was replaced and then it gave the code that the transmission would not prim. Normally a pump can be replaced but the pump for the 300 is not sold separately therefore the entire transmission has to be replaced. I don't understand this for a car that is only 2 years old and has been serviced properly. Not to mention the $700 I already put into it for a tuneup that was not due until 96K miles.

Scorpionmanager
chances are plastic pink park lockout is broken in the shifter area. The dealership is going to charge you over $100 to fix it. You can get a DIY fix here:

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/mitchell1eautorepair-car-repair-manuals

Heidivpi@fdn.com