SQUEAKY DRIVING

Chevrolet Venture

I have a 97 Chevy Venture with 118k miles on it. While driving, every speed bump or anything I go over, the van just starts queaking loudly. Even getting into the car without it on, it squeaks. I am positive the squeaking is coming from the front of the van. I think it is the shocks, my husband thinks it could be the bushings. I was just curious what it was and how much it would cost to fix it since we are tight on money. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Pyxie

It could be something with the front sway-bar bushings or maybe the rubber spring seats on the front struts. You could try and get some WD-40 or some type of white lithium spray lube and try and lube the rubber bushings. I would lobe them one at a time and bouce the van up and down or drive it to work the grease in, that way when the noise goes away you know what one was causing the noise.

Cly

Cly