CHEVY TRANSMISSION SLIPPING WHEN STARTING OFF

2003 Chevrolet Venture

2003 Chevy Venture 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 79,000 miles

I recently had the transmission filter and fluid changed at my local car repair shop. It is not a transmission shop. Shortly after picking up the van the transmission started to slip whenever you come to a complete stop and began to accelerate from the stop. It does not do it everytime or with any kind of pattern. It will also do it in reverse sparatically. I also have a 2003 Buick Century with 110,000 miles that this same shop serviced the transmission by changing the filter and fluid approx. 4 months ago. The car started do the exact same thing immediately after being serviced. At the time I just thought it might be because the car high miles. The transmission in both vehicles use the same tranny filter. Do you have any suggestions or have you ever heard of this happening?
Tightwads

Sounds like low fluid level.

Dennyp
The fluid level is full. I checked it 1st. It tends to slip more if you have stopped and try to start off on an incline. It only slips a little then never slips again till you stop and start off too fast or on an incline. I am reaching for straws, but what would happen if the mechanic used the wrong transmission fluid?

Tightwads
You might have a damaged filter seal in the transmission. You could also have one of the fluid transfer pipes in the transmission come loose. You are going to have to pull the pan and re-check the work that was done before anything else.

Dennyp