CHEVY MASTER CYLINDER

2001 Chevrolet Venture

Brakes problem
2001 Chevy Venture 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 162000 miles

I installed a master cylinder not to long ago and for some reason it still isn't operating properly. I did a bench bleed on the master before installing it and there is no leaks. I have checked the lines, calipers, and wheel cylinders and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. Could this be a computer programming issue? All replies are greatly appreciated
Middian

What seems to not be working with the master cylinder?

Blackop555
Well I get a noise coming from the master cylinder kinda like a grinding type noise I guess would be the best way of describing it and the brake drops to the floor.

Middian
Did this occur before the master cylinder was replaced?

Any check engine lights or warning lights on? Noise and pulsation occur all the time? Will pedal build up pressure engine off?

Blackop555
Well it didn't do anything before that I know of my cousin did the front brakes on it and then it started dropping to the floor. So I bleed the brakes to make sure there was no air in them but I found out while I was bleeding them that he put Hydrolic Jack Fluid in and it destroyed the seals on the Master that's why it was replaced. None of the lights are on at all

Middian
Sounds like you need a complete system flush, if it destroyed the seals in the master cylinder it did that in the calipers also, have them rebuilt adn see if you can get it backonline, everything needs to be cleaned. Sorry.

Blackop555