TRANSMITION

Chevrolet Truck

95 chevy 2 wd truck chanie 350 c1500 It first started by seeming like it was stuck in 3rd gear if I turneded it off sometimes that would fix the prob. Then upon starting again it would start over and I would have to diconect battery. Now it seems it is stuck in first gear and no mater what I do it is the same. I also noticed oile just a little comeing from the sensore but I dont see how help thanks
Drmevil

Is there white smoke comeing out whie driving

Lilwills
95 chevy 2 wld 1500 350 yes it seems to smoke, I thought it was due to the high rpms I recently installed a shift silonoid 2 and 3rd but this did nothing now I have to wind the truck out up to 4000 rpms or more befor it will shift into first. Atlest I think its first cuz I cant go over 40 and the rpms are ate 3000 at 40 mph the truck never smoked pryer to this problem. I hope this gives you some more info on the issue thank you for your reply james oh please forgive my spelling he he

Drmevil
Smell the fluid if tis burnt you have clutches burnin out
check and see if your tranny has a vaaccum modulator if it does pull the hose off and if fluid runs out you need to replace the modulator

Lilwills
I changed the filter and the fluid. As well as the 2nd and 3rd shift silinoide. The fluid was a bit on the high side about half a quart over full and the fluid was horbble looking it was almost black. Nasty! I did'nt filter the old oil with a coffee filter so I cant be shure just how much meatal was truly in the mix. For as bad as the fluid color was I did'nt find a ton of metal in the pan it self. But there was some, and the filter it self looked pretty caked! The magnetic metal catcher on the bottom of pan had it's shair of remnents. How much is to much?And if it is burnt clutches. Is this something I can fix myself? Or is this something not even worth the mony saved or for that matter the time and aggervation one may find in such a indeve> maybey It should be taken to a shop or staright out scaped for a replacment from salvage yard or something remanufactured? One last thing what am I looking at in the $$$ department for any of the abouve optioins thank you for takeing the time to read all the abouve and for getting back to me. Respectfull james

Drmevil
If the clutches are bad you have to get it rebuilt with new clutches which is anywhere from $800-$1000 at a shop u might find a rebuilt tranny for half that

Lilwills