95 V6 CAMARO, 3.4 CLUTCH PROBLEMS!

1995 Chevrolet Truck

I just bought a 95 v6 3.4 chevy camaro with 113k miles on it. I was told when I bought it that it needed a new clutch, and I wasn't able to test drive it because if you started the car in neutral, and pushed the clutch in, it would not shift into any of the gears. Pedal felt fine, and there was no grinding noise when I tried to do this (except in reverse) but it just wouldn't go in to any of the gears at all. If the car is off I can put it into the gears. Anyway, I replaced the clutch, the clutch master and clutch slave cylinder. The clutch was shot, but it still won't go into gear when its running. I've been told that it's possible that the throwout bearing that came with my clutch assembly could have been the wrong one, and causing the problem. Apparently it happened to him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! It is my only vehicle, and I need to get it running, my son and I are tired of walking! Thanks again. Suzie : wink:
VTownSuzieQ

If the transmission won'tgo into gear it is because the clutch is still engaged. If that bearing is wrong or the system isn't bled it won't work. If you did it make shure that the old bearing looked like the new one and that it is bled really really good before pulling it all apart to change the bearing. My ford couldn't even be properly bled by ford!

Canvis69@yahoo.com