CHEVY CAVALIER Z24 CONVERTIBLE

1999 Chevrolet Truck

I have a question.A while back my #1 and 2 settings on my heat/blower switch stopped working. Didn't bother me too much because it was summer, and since I have a convertible, I'd just put the top down. But, this winter my #3 setting died, leaving me with only the highest setting (#4) working. I asked a local repair shop, and they told me it was my blower switch and that it was booked as a 6-hr job at $80/hr. Now, I'm no mechanic, but they really didn't give me the time of day, let alone listen to my problem. My dad thinks that if he can get my dash off, he'd be able to replace whatever is wrong. But I do not know if it is actually the SWITCH or the RESISTOR. Can someone help!
Jenn641

Its the switch. More commen for dodge products though. 6 hour job though. Thats nutts. Try salvage yard first if not its going to be dealer part.

Jpam
Thanks so much! That helps! I've been getting mixed answers, some say the switch, some say the resistor. The link to that diagram helps, though! Thanks again!

Jenn641
Anytime. Goodluck

Jpam
Would you happen to know where I could go to get a diagram explaining how to remove the instrument panel trim and pad? I'm assuming that's the part of my dash that surrounds the radio and heat controls. My dad popped some of it off, but it had some resistance when he got towards the top, and he didn't want to crack it. Should it all just snap off?

Jenn641
Most of the dash panels should be snap-on. With a few screws towards the bottom. If you got resistance trie to find whats causeing it. Just take ur time and he''ll get it. Thnks

Jpam