CHEVY WILL NOT ACCELERATE IF YOU STOMP THE PEDAL

1993 Chevrolet Truck

1993 Chevy Truck 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 139000 miles

Today is the first time this has done this and it wont go away. When accelerating if I push quickly down on the gas pedal quickly my truck does nothing, its as if it is not getting fuel. If the transmission downshifts when doing this it seems to accelerate OK. Taking off from a stop sign is the same way, if you give it sudden throttle its like you didnt do anything, slow application of throttle and its ok. There is no backfiring, and no crazy sounds, its just like its not getting any gas. This is a 93 chevy truck with a 4.3 v-6.I replaced the fuel filter and TPS. Same problem.
I am thinking of replacing the the fuel pump, is this the right direction?
Motorbag

If you slowly accelerate slowly to wide open will the truck rev up high and run ok? Or does it bog out at high rpm?

Mastertechtim
I replaced the fuel pump and it fixed it, thanks for the quick response anyway.

Motorbag
I have been having problems with my truck hesitating please look at my problem. Go to more repair topics then chevy trucks and then to truck hesitating thanks

Jeepdude1234
Try the fuel filter I replaced mine and the truck now works good

Jeepdude1234