CHEVY LOW IDLE

1993 Chevrolet Truck

1993 Chevy Truck V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 286000 miles

My truck has had a low idle, also upon light acceleration, and around 1200-1800 RPM, it has some hesitation. It runs fine other than that. I changed the idle air sensor at the throttle body, now it seems worse. Had trouble starting the truck this morning. What else could it be and why would it get worse after changing the IAC? Thanks.
Philsusoev@msn.com

The first thing I would've done is change the fuel filter and checked the fuel pressure that is what it's starting to sound like.

Dr Loot
I changed the fuel filter, I have since changed the MAP sensor, O2 sensor, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, EGR valve solenoid, coil, IAC, TPS. I took it in to a shop, they said it's my distributor that is making the timing jump around. So I guess I'll change that next?

Philsusoev@msn.com
That could be true, and it may be a possibility, but you haven't mentioned you check the fuel pressure?

Dr Loot
Changed the EGR valve, runs like a champ now.

Philsusoev@msn.com
A dirty EGR Valve will cause a e radical idle, but I just assumed by your statement " I have since changed. EGR valve solenoid" I assumed that you had already looked at that, at any rate, I'm glad you solve the problem and thanks for the info I will pass it on.

Dr Loot