BLAZER NO IDLE

1993 Chevrolet Truck

I have a 1993 chevy s10 blazer, 4.3 liter v6. And it will not idle in gear. The idle surges low then back up again.I work at an automotive repair shop and this one has us baffled.I have tried all of the sensors; iac, tps oxy, temp, and every other one. Thought maybe the pick up coil in the distributor. Replaced the control module and tried a new ecm. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.
Microeye1974

Have you check the ignition timing and EGR system? Nothing was mentioned on fuel pressure.

Spider Vortec or TB injection system

Sorry. Timing and egr checked o.K. Spider vortec motor. Fuel pressure checked out o.K. Bad ground at dist? Pulled dist., Cleaned it up a bit, idles fine now, but shuts down when a.C. Is turned on with truck in gear. What now?

Microeye1974
An idle up solenoid is use to increase rpm when compressor engages to compensate for the load.

An idle up solenoid is use to increase rpm when compressor engages to compensate for the load.[/Quote: 30ce6952b8]

Finally figured it out. It was the pick up coil in the distributor along with a bad battery. THANKS ALOT for all of your help.

Microeye1974