S10 BLAZER POWER STEERING

1992 Chevrolet Truck

I have a 1992 Chevy S10 Blazer, 4.3L, V6 with 114,000 Miles on it.

I'm assuming that there is something wrong with my power steering because in the last couple days, it has become increasingly hard to turn the wheel. Ive noticed a moderately loud noise as soon as I turn the wheel while driving or in the parked position. The noise dulls out once running over 35 mph, however at slow speeds, I feel friction in the wheel while making turns. Fluid levels were fine and was free of grime when I checked.

Is the P/S pump going bad? Is there another part that may be causing this to happen?
Paladin469

Have you changed the fluid lately? Try that and you have to do it a couple of times. Suck the old fluid out with a big turkey baster. Don't laugh it works. Get power steering fluid not transmission fluid. If that don't work it's the pump.

82-454
I guess I checked the wrong reservoir. Where is the power steering reservoir located on the 4.3 V6 S10 Blazer? I have a Haynes manual but it only shows the location of the reservoir for a 2.8L V6 model.

Paladin469