92 BLAZER S10 FIRING ORDER

1992 Chevrolet Trailblazer

He's out in the garage cussin', can you help. In the process of changing plugs, wires, cap and rotor he forgot the order to put the wires back on. It's a 92 S10 Blazer with Vortex 4.3 V6. Thanks

Karl's Wife
Karlswife

If reinstalling the old parts does not fix it, send me an email and I will send you a photo of the complete ignition system break down, along with the manual trouble shooting procedure.
I know it makes perfect sense that this is an ignition problem, but if the truck is back to the original parts, and still doesnt start, you have to approach the trouble shooting as a new problem, and dont eliminate any item as the problem.
Maybe the new distributor cap is the wrong one, or bad. Also this diagram shows the pattern to hook up the wires. Michael.D. Byers@delta. Com

Mikeybdman
The old parts didn't get it going so now he is doing some troubleshooting trying to find what the new problem is. I printed out your last message for him and if he needs to follow up I'll encourage him to e-mail you.

This was suppose to be an easy job. One he's done in the past without issue. Figures it would mess up when the garage is over 100 degrees. : )

Thanks again

Karlswife
It does seem that things break when we mess with them, but this is needed maintenance, and it may have broken while you were driving home late at night. So when it is fixed, and the new parts reinstalled, it will be a better car.

Mikeybdman