CHEVY ANTIFREEZE LEAK FROM AC CONDENS

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Engine Cooling problem
2004 Chevy Trailblazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive 110000 miles

I have antifreeze leaking out of a tube on the front passengerside wheel well. I thought this tube wasjust for AC condensation. Why is antifreezecoming out?
Chrisfarris

The AC drain is located on the firewall. Are you sure you are not seeing the coolant overflow line?

I believe it is the A/C drain tube there is a little tube about the size of my pinky coming through a little hole near the Firewall.. It is my understanding that the Coolant system is a closed system and there is not overflow tube. the pic (not so clear) is taken from the back of the tire and is the fire wall of the left and the wheel well on the top

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/567945_Picture1_2.jpg

Chrisfarris
From the picture, it looks like the AC drain. If coolant is leaking from there, the heater core may be the cause. If you turn the heater on, do you smell coolant in the vehicle?

Let me know.

I have a Chevrolet trailblazer 2004 V6 4.2L with 101,000 miles. I have all the basic maintenance done on time, over all its been a good vehicle through the years. I also have a coolant leaking behind the passenger wheel. At first I thought it was coming for a little hoes, however taking a closer look its Dripping from above from what it looks like, from underneath the base of the coolant container. What needs to be done to fix this sad situation.

Carhelp103