CHEVY TWO STRANGE NOISES

2002 Chevrolet Tracker

Noises problem
2002 Chevy Tracker 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 93000 miles

Just wondering if any of you know possible causes of these two noises I hear:

1) There is a noise which sounds like it is coming from the front passenger's side, either under the hood or near the tire. At first it seemed like the noise was related to acceleration. It was a faint noise (a woosh sound) when accelerating. I thought something was rubbing, but last night I noticed the sound while idling with the transmission in park. So I'm thinking it must be either a moving part under the hood, or could it be a vacuum leak? It didn't last long enough for me to get out and isolate the sound. Any thoughts?

2) When in 4WD I noticed that when I turn sharp left (on hard packed rock/gravel) something to do with the drive of the front tires makes a loud thud with every couple of inches I travel and sends a vibration through the vehicle.

Any thoughts as to what these sounds might be? Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

NISTLER
NYNistler

First noise most likely is a belt or idler or tensioner on your eng

noise # 2 any 4x4 in low traction will have slight wheel hop. Because the wheels are turning at two diff speeds

you could possibly have a bad axle but that would be more of a clicking noise

Billymac