CHEVY WON'T START UP

2000 Chevrolet Tracker

2000 Chevy Tracker 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 100000 miles

Hi. I have a 2000 Chevy Tracker 4-Cyl. Manual transmission. About a month ago I had a new engine put in the car by a professional and I drove it without any problems from PA to VT (about 450 miles) plust about 300 miles on top of that. Recently I was having some problems with the car stalling and not running properly. I tried starting it up yesterday and it would not start. It is turning over and all electrical components seem to be working just fine. The car has a brand new battery and also brand new spark plugs (both installed after new engine installation). When I was trying to start it yesterday it did fire up once and run, I put it in neutral and stepped out of the car and it stalled out. From this point on the car will not start at all. It is turning over but not firing up. Do you think this could be an ignition coil? It seems like it would be a spark plug problem but I know they are brand new and that isn't it. I know the ignition coil provides spark to the plugs and that is what it makes me think it is. Any input or advice?
Winner1185