CHEVY FRUSTRATIONS. PLEASE HELP

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1999 Chevy Tahoe Two Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

I have a 99 Chevy Tahoe that tends to shake/stall when I'm driving it around town going only up to about 40 mph and also when I come to a stop. It doesn't do it when it is in park. I started having this trouble when I had a fuel pump and fuel filter placed on last year. I took it into a auto shop and I was told that I had some misfiring occurring in which my fuel pump was not putting out enough fuel. They insisted that I change the fuel pump and that would be my problem. The fuel pump was changed again along with the fuel filter. The problem stopped for about 3 days and started right back up again. I then took it too a Chevy Dealership because the previous shop seem to have no clue on what my problem was. They informed me that I needed a new O2 sensor upstream and also a catalytic converter in that area as well. I complied with what they inform me to do and the truck drove find for about 2-3 days and the same problems started back. I took it back and the guy told me he flushed some valves out because he didnt know what else could be the problem. The truck has drove ok for about 3 weeks but now I am having the same problem again. I don't know what else to do. I have put in quite a bit of money trying to get this truck fixed but I haven't gotten good results. Any good advice would be appreciated.
Joe10472000

You didnt mention what engine you have, but there is a Tech bulliten about the coil wires being too close to the tranny filler tube and arcing, causing missfire problems...the cure is to rerout the coil wire over the top and keep it away from all metal objects...Also TSB for the PCM ground terminal corroding over time, check this and clean or splice in new piece!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Ground_P0300992006_1.jpg

Merlin2021