CHEVY WONT RUN

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe

1998 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 122651 miles

I have a 1998 Chevy Tahoe I drove my truck all day I ran it all the way empty I got gas everything was ok I was back and forth for a few hours I parked truck for 1 hour went to start it and it would not start I got it started by pumping the pedal it barely started I put it in gear and it died I got it started again got the rpms up and put it in drive and I was barely able to make in my drive way then I tried to rev up the motor and it was struggling it was like the plugs were fouled so I changed fuel filter again would not start so I pumped the pedal till it started it was running rough once I hit the throttle it dies out what do you think it could be the fuel pump is on I can here it I took off the fuel line after the filter and hit the key plenty of gas came out im stuck any advise thanks John El Cajon, California
John hansen

If you have the spider fuel system, fuel pressure is critical. 5.7L engine 60--66psi, I'd use a gage and make sure the pressure is ok.

John hansen