CHEVY MISS ON NO# 6 AND O2 SENSOR

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe

1996 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 200500 miles

I have a rough running engine. I had the diagnostic run on it 3 times (clearing the comp each time) in the past 9 months. Each time it says no# 6 cyl not firing and the o2 sensor is bad. I replaced all plugs, wires, cap, rotor button. It still reads no#6 miss when the tester is hooked up. The miss does not seem to be all the time. Only noticeable at idle (sometimes) and going up hills. It also says o2 sensor is bad. How many o2 sensors are there on my 96 tahoe. And would the bad o2 sensor only affect 1 cylinder. Also what is the injection spider.
Drodgjr

The injection " spider" is the injectors that are mounted under the plastic upper intake plenum. Those engines had alot of problems with injectors going bad, which is what sounds like is wrong with yours. The o2 sensor. Exactly what code did it have in the PCM for it? The sensor may be reacting to the misfire, always make the engine run right before going after o2 sensors. My software doesnt say how many o2 sensors you have, there is at least 1 before th ecat converter and 1 after thecat to measure efficiency. Look in the exhaust pipes just after the manifolds to see if there is an o2 for each side of the engine

Jack42