CHEVY 95 BRAKE LIGHT PROBLEM

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe

1995 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

Recently purchased a 1995 Tahoe and found out the brake lights aren't working and neither is the hazzard lamp button. The third brake light works fine and I have replaced brake switch, bulbs, and fuses in the dash for the brake system. Turn signals work fine and all lights in the rear light up fine other than going brighter when the brake pedal is applied. Any other suggestions before I just rewire the whole thing?
Krazywilly69

Have you checked the stop/hazard fuse no.1 15amp? If okay-the problem is coming from the turn/hazard switch -the power for the brake lights goes thru there, then to the lower brake lights.

BTW is the high mounted brake light working?

The high mount light does work fortunately. Didn't realize the signal went through the turn signal switch too. The stop, hazzard fuse was good when I started looking into the problem and is still good. I'll have to look into the signal switch in a couple days. Thanks for the input.

Krazywilly69
Problem solved! Finally got the turn signal switch and put it in this eve. Thanks for the advice. Brake lights and hazzards all work now.

Krazywilly69