CHEVY FAULTY KNOCK SENSOR CODE:P0327

2001 Chevrolet Suburban

2001 Chevy Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 119805 miles

I kno that on the 5.3 vortec in the suburban there are 2 knock sensors, but I only want to replace the faulty one, which one is this code. Also can this cause a little roughness in the vehicle operation.
Timmy347

Its the KS1 dunno which one

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_ks_16.jpg

Well I'm sure driving on it being faulty will cause engine damage, and I hav no idea rather the previous owner drove it with a faulty knock sensor and if so how long they did; or maybe the dealer got water in their when cleaning the engine, but the dealer agreed to fix it next week, but I have to drive it about 50 miles to them to repair and therefore I'm scared of causing damage to the engine on this 50 mile trip. Also at times it can appear a slightly rough, can a faulty knock sensor cause the vehicle to not perform as smoothly?

Timmy347
The knock sensor job is when it senses pinging/spark knock it will retard ignition timing

I don't recommend you driving it if its actually pinging

How did you know that you have a problem with knock sensor-did you scanned the computer and you came up with it?

Yeah the check engine light was on and P0327 was the trouble code, I figured it was dangerous to drive, so I will avoid driving it, but next week I have to drive it 50 miles to have them repair it.

Timmy347