CHEVY DRIVELINE VIBRATION

1999 Chevrolet Suburban

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1999 Chevy Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 121000 miles

I just purchased a '99 Suburban K1500 with 121,000 miles on it. I drove it around the neighborhood before I purchased it; but didn't take it on the highway. After I bought it, I noticed a vibration when driving from 60-65 mph. Tried changing gears to induce vibration at a different speed; but vibration comes at the same speed in 3rd as I do in OD. Had the tires rebalanced and the rear drive shaft replaced (wanted greasable yokes). Still get the vibration.

I noticed in the stack of receipts the former owner gave me that he had the output shaft seals replaced under warranty several times, and finally had the output shaft replaced (also under warranty). The output shaft still leaks. Could the shaft be out of alignment and causing the vibration? It's a clean truck; but the vibration is really annoying. Help!
Ezimmer976

If the seal leaks at the output shaft, the bushing and seal should be replaced, If yours has a center bearing 99% of the time thats the cause of vibration, that is if all your U Joints are good, and there are no missing balance weights. The other thing is the tranny mount at the tail, push up on it to check and see if it split.

Merlin2021