VIBRATING BRAKES

Chevrolet Silverado

I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado, automatic transmission, 4-wheel drive, 178000 miles. I had a shake when braking so I replaced the front rotors and pads, and still have this vibration problem, but not with every stop. Speed has no effect as sometimes it vibrates at a low speed stop and other times at high speed. Some stops have NO vibration at all. It appears to be coming from the right front. I had the ball joints checked and was told they were still okay, with normal wear. The truck also does not seem as tight or as stable as before. It also has new tires all the way around. Where do I look next? The control arm bushings? The idler arm? Something is causing this intermittent vibration when stopping. I am perplexed to say the least.
Ggw03

Some of these had a intermittant false abs problem but were most likley apt to act up at slower speeds. The front speed sensor would have a gap that was too large. Removal, and cleaning of the speed sensor's surface was required.

Is there a possiblilty of the parking brake shoe delaminating and causing the the vibration from the rear?

With that mileage I would check the front end. Most likely needs an Idler arm, Pitman arm and tie rod ends. Check the front wheel bearings too (hub assemblies)

Jack42
This is more of an add-on to the original question, rather than an answer. I have an '03 Silverado 1500-HD 4WD auto with 51k miles, and I'm having the same issues. The brake vibration isn't severe, but certainly noticeable. Could the ABS sensor still be the source with only 51k miles? Looks like the pads still have plenty of life, and the rotors don't show any obvious signs of damage.

SJM31631
It is possible. Check the wheel bearings, and have the rotors measured for run-out, could be slightly warped. Does the truck have the stock size tires? Also try rotating the tires front to back

Jack42
Tires are stock. I'll look things over - once I can get the darn wheel off! Lug nuts are off and the wheel still won't budge! ?

SJM31631