NO LUCK WITH NEW FUEL PUMP

Chevrolet Silverado

97 Chevy Silverado truck, 75,000 miles, V8 305 vorec. Replaced fuel pump in tank (new), replaced fuel pump relay switch, replace fuse, check wiring and okay, ground wire is okay, but I still do not get no humming in the fuel tank, still does not start. It sems there is no power to the fuel pump tank. I ran out of ideas. What can I do.

The truck was running okay and suddenly stopped and had to tow home.
Tonydaniels

At the fuel pump relay on the gray wire when you turn key to On it should have power and disappear within 2 secs. Check this out, No power its coming from the computer-it energizes the relay before it gets to the pump-

Inbox :: Message
From: tonydaniels
To: rasmataz
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:32 pm
Subject: fuel pump problems
do you know where the computer located. There is a large box next to the fuse box next to the relays are located. Is this the computer.

Its on the left side of the engine compartment, its sandwiched between the brake pressure modulator valve and front wheel speed sensor.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_97_Siverrado_truck_VCM_1.jpg

BTW check the oil pressure sending unit this the one that keeps it running when the engine fires up. Do this before you mess around with VCM

Also you can bypass the fuel pump relay by using a jumper fuse wire from the battery positve terminal to the check connector fuel pump test connector-make sure key is Off-you should hear the pump.

Good Luck

I've received your PM and am glad for you.-When in doubt with wiring always perform a voltage drop on a loaded circuit before you condemn the component.