FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

Chevrolet Silverado

Where is the Fuel Pressure Regulator located? Also the Schrader valve for checking pressure.
TVS3

What engine and year might help for the problem? Sounds like you're in hurry. What's the problem-No gas to the cylinders.

Yes I was in a hurry. To many other things going on at the same time. I apologize. 98 Silverado Z71. 5.7 liter. Very hard to start after sitting overnight, 10 to 12 hours. It will fire but not frequent enough to take off and run. Tryed cycling the ignition switch on and off, thus cycling the fuel pump to no avail. If I try to start it say 6 to 8 times and let it sit for about 20 minutes it will fire up like nothing was wrong. New plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. Cleaned EGR valve, wasn't very dirty. The fuel pump doesn't sound or run any different then it always did. Had Autozone pull the codes on it and the only thing that came up, O2 sensor on passenger side, after the converter. This sensor has been out for quite some time, say two plus years. Thought I'd replace fuel pressure regulator since it's somewhat cheap, but I would think it would be running lean or rich but it appears neither. Runs fine after it's started but bogs down if I push accelerator the down to the point where it should shift down and take off. Would like to check fuel pressure but can't find schrader valve to hook my gage to. Once again sorry for the incomplete post. Thanks in advance for any help.

TVS3
Lets start with electrical- When you turn key to On position do you hear the pump?Yes or No. Get a helper crank it over do you hear the pump while being crank over yes or No. You need to answer this to proceed before we get to the FPR. If you hear the pump STOP.

Have you attempt to locate the pressure tap-I couldn't find it -fuel pressure for 5.7L is 60-66lbs psi. It has to have this in KOEO. Nothing less.

Is your fuel system a CSI or SFI, man I got this funny feeling you have the spider unit and if so its behind the engine-brake master cyl. Side- Let me know

SW, I gave up on the fuel pressure test port valve. I look and look. Dump it in-Lets get this show on the road. Just find it and I'll take it from there.

Yes the pump runs when the key is turned on and shuts off after reaching pressure. Yes the pump runs while the starter is cranking.

Yes I have tryed to locate it but haven't found it. What is KOEO?

Is your fuel system a CSI or SFI
Mine is SFI

What?

TVS3
KOEO: Key On Engine Off

You can follow the fuel line to the injection system. Meanwhile I" ll be looking