CHEVY

2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Brakes problem
2006 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 125362 miles

Hi the problem that i'm haveing is the brakes on my truck have all been checked.I replaced the front pads and rear shoes along with the hardware. In the front I put on new shims new pins and pads. Rear all new shoes and harde ware and drums. The front new rotors also.I even bled the entire brake system. The truck stops when the brakes are applyed but on occasion when they are applyed I feel a spongieness like the ABS is activeated. Any ideas
Gpipher

Your abs is activating, there may be a recall on that for corrosion between the front wheel speed sensors and the hub bearing, check on that first, then after that repair and or check if it still persists you may have to replace the complete hub assy for both sides good luck and check with your dealer for any recalls on your specific vehicle

Yahoo4
Well I really like you guys. You seam to be able to help me when ever I need it. Any way I spoke to other techs like yourself and they said the same thing that I need to replace the hubs onthe front end.I took the sensors off and cleaned them and it seamed to make it worse. Now its more often I hate to replace the hubs there's nothing wrong with them that I know of. Should I replace the sensors?I've replaced the hubs at 30.000 miles it's hard to believe that the damn things could be bad allready.

Gpipher
The sensors are availible seperatly without the hubs, be sure to chech your local parts store price and the dealership price, you may be surprised some times on who is cheaper, I know for sure that 2001-2004 modles had a recall on them which made them free of charge through a dealer parts and labor but not sure if yours is covered, its worth the call, what happens is corosion gets between the sensor and the hub causing the sensor to lift and the air gap to change did you notice any buildup or corrosion there? Good luck!

Yahoo4
Well after cleaning the sensors once I talked to another tech and he told me to clean the mateing serface and it worked. The rust that was under the sensor was the culpret hard to believe that was the problem. Thanks for the advice. Now I'm on too the vent valve that is makeing the check engine light come on. The tighten gas cap light also keeps comeing on as well so the info. I've been given is to replace the vent valve.I've allready cleaned it and it did'nt make a differance so the dealer has told me that the part is 100.00 and it should take of the problem.I'll let you know how I make out thanks again.

Gpipher