CHEVY DRL WILL NOT COME ON

2004 Chevrolet Silverado

2004 Chevy Silverado 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 44000 miles

i have a single cab 2004 Silverado and the Daytime Running Lights will not come on during the day. I have checked all fuses both in the inside and inderhood boxes. The headlights come on both day and night as well as the dash lights stay on and work with the dimmer. I have tried it with the truck parked and the parking brake off as well as driving down the road. What can I do to isolate the problem.
Steerman1724

Under hood relay box find DRL relay swap with fog lamp if it works then replace. If no then BCM is suspect it grounds relay when engine is on.

Docfixit
Silly question, but did you make sure the DRL bulbs are not burnt out? (At night, the DRL's won't come on. The optical sensor on top of your dash will instruct the BCM to illuminate the Headlamps only. If the DRL bulbs both burn out, and it is daylight, you won't have running lights while in gear). If you have already confirmed the bulbs status, disregard.

Quagmire86
Ok if the bulbs were burnt out (which thy arent) and the system was working wouldn't the headlights NOT come on? My headlights are staying on and the non-burnt out daytime running light are not coming on. The dash lights staying on indicates to me that the system is never switching to DRL mode.

Steerman1724